Who will be the Third Annual Lars Sundheimer Fermentation Olympic Champion?
How it works:
- There will be 3 events starting at 12noon till ~1pm at the Festival on Sunday Feb 23rd.
- Each round will select only the top finishers to move on, while others will be “knocked out.”
- The winner of the final round will be crowned the champion and will win a Full Cultures Kit that includes a complete set of starter cultures for: Tempeh, Koji, Sourdough, Natto, Tofu, Kefir, Oncom, and more!
How to sign-up:
- Register to be a participant by entering the lottery below. Those randomly selected will be notified prior to the event.
- Sign-up is FREE.
- The first competition is at 12:00pm.
What the heck will we be doing?
- Competitors will be challenged in silly tests of their general fermenting skills. The challenges are kept secret until festival day to ensure a level playing field.
- However, in the first event participants will need to be good at extracting liquid from sliced cabbage. (That’s the only hint you get. For now.)
In memory of Lars Sundheimer
Lars was a passionate fermenter and wonderful person whose fervor for exploring the world of fermentation was infectious. Through her excitement to learn about every ferment she could we decided to continue to pass along the inspiration she gave to those around her by awarding the Fermenter Olympics Champion with a full and thorough Cultures Starter Package.