Ferment Pittsburgh is a project created to influence the growth of fermentation culture in our area. We offer classes, put on the annual Pittsburgh Fermentation Festival, and sell various ferments on a small scale. Please contact us with any questions regarding fermentation and culturing, whether you need advice or are looking for some starters.
- Spend the afternoon with other fermenters.
- Make your own krauts and kimchi for the winter with local, organic produce.
- Bring your current projects to share, or get help troubleshooting.
- All levels of experience welcomed, if never made a ferment before, we’ll be there to guide you along.
- Bring a dish to share for an autumn potluck.
- Workshops throughout the day, schedule coming soon.
- FREE to attend! (Some money to make stuff though.)
Learn how easy it is to make amazing cheese.
This workshop will cover:
- Detailed information about dairy farming, both small and large.
- Processing of milk and description of various milk products.
- Wild-culturing a basic rennet cheese. This process is the foundation of a majority of cheese varieties- brie, cheddar, gouda.
- Making excellent butter (from milk) and ricotta.
At Wigle Whiskey
2401 Smallman Street
Pittsburgh, Pa 15222
Repair the World Wednesday 1/25 6pm- 8pm